Monday, December 17, 2007

Having to deal with Customer Service nimrods

I needed to get a new cell phone, so last Friday, I went into my local Cingular office. I have had a couple Razr phones and I wanted another one. When I got there, the guy kept trying to talk me into getting a different phone. I told him if I didn't get another Razr, I wanted a blackberry or phone with a keyboard. He said the new phone with the keyboard is scheduled to go on sale December 26th. Then he tells me I am eligible for another new phone on my other number for the kids. So I figured I would get that phone for now, until the price drops on the other one.

He decides to put the pressure sale on me for this red samsung phone. It looked okay, but I really still wanted the Razr. Finally after about 30 minutes of him telling me all the wonders of this red phone, I get it. Then I get home, and I hate the phone. It's hard finding where everything is. God forbid, I should actually have to open the owner's manual and read the directions. I just didn't feel like it, I wanted the Razr since I know where everything is and I not in the mood for having to read about a new phone.

So tonight I go to take the red phone back. I get to the store, and tell the lady I want to return it, and just get the Razr. She starts razzing me about the phone, and how easy the phone is, and wants to show me how to use it. I really don't give a shit about the phone, I just want the razr. Then when she tries to show me the new phone, it doesn't work right. Come to find out, there is something not right with the phone, and she says its because it was programmed wrong and how she can program it correctly. Again, I keep telling her forget it, I just want the Razr. Then she asks for my receipt, which I left at home. I told her I didn't have it, she tells me to come back tomorrow.

I walk around the store and am reading about other phones and then I go back and ask her, "well don't you have it in the records, since I purchased it in here?" She says, yeah, they have it, blah blah blah. Then she tells me it will "take awhile" to get the receipt out of their system. Now I start to get really pissed. She makes a couple other comments like I am bothering her or wasting her time. So I scooped up the phone and tell her never mind, I will come back when there is a customer service who apparently isn't overly fatigued at having to help me. We exchange a few snide sarcastic remarks to each other and then she tells me, "well if you come back, "I" am the manager. I told her I didn't give a rat's ass if she were the president of Cingular, I would not take up her sweet time with something as wasteful as customer service.

I was so pissed I could have decked her. I was pissed at myself for letting the guy talk me into the phone, knowing full well I didn't want the damn thing to begin with. I don't need a new technology or anything upgraded, the razr works just fine for me. I don't know why I get so mad at these idiots, they are nothing but sales people, who to me, are some of the lowest lifeforms on the planet.

Anyhow, that is my bitch of the day.

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

As she's the manager, you can just imagine how pathetic the other workers must be. Try calling customer service, and see if you can oerder the phone you actually want online. They are usually cheaper online anyway.