Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Joy Robbers and Energy Stealers

I have been trying to be in a better mood, be more optimistic. However, I've been giving the joy robbers in my life too much power. The kind of people that just suck the like out of anything you do. You find them on the job, amongst friends, amongst family members, at the places of business you visit, everywhere.

I went to Goodwill on the way home today, a different one from the usual one I go to, where I have been writing checks for years. The cashier was a young snippy little thing who told me I could not write a check there since my drivers license isn't from NC. I told her it doesn't matter, as long as the bank account is NC and the policy is posted on their walls, as it is posted on all of the walls in Goodwill. She told me she would get the manager, but she "knew" they weren't going to take it. I wait, because I really wanted the bowl set I found in there and after fifteen minutes, yes apparently I was correct and they can take a check after all. Its' so frustrating. And it wasn't just her telling me I couldn't, it was the whole attitude of treating me like I was inferior. arghhhh. But I let her rob my joy. I fretted and stewed over it and finally got in the car with my stuff and was so tense driving, my muscles started to ache.

So I am going to make an active vow, to eliminate as many joy robbers as I possibly can. I can go to work and keep my door shut. Do my own thing at lunch time, and don't talk to anyone about what is going on in my life, that way I dont have to be criticized for not making the decision someone else thinks I should make. Let's see how far I get

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

It's a hard balance to boot out the joy robbers, and not close yourself off from having relationships. HUGS.