Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Can I have the Instruction Manual please???

The other day I went out of town and a friend gave me some tie down straps for my SUV to use while I was transportating a mattress set on top of my car. They seemed fairly easy to use, clamps, buckles and some straps. Well after I put the mattress and box springs up there, turns out, they weren't so easy. Finally after about twenty minutes of fidgeting with it, I pulled out the directions and read them and then figured out how to work the thing. I managed to make it home safely to chapel hill without losing the mattresses. Of course, I didn't use just the straps. Even though the instructions said they were good to handle over 300 pounds, I wanted plan b in action, so I bought a bunch of rope and tied it on there as well.



Doing things with direction/guidance is so much easier. We waste so much time trying to figure things out on our own, when we really should have the instructions or guidance there in front ofus. So I am officially requesting my "life instructional manual." I want to figure out my life and where it's going. I want to know if North Carolina is going to be my last home of record, and whether I am going to be spending my life alone or with someone in particular. Should I plan to stay in this job, or should I get out while the going is good?



It would just be so much easier. I wouldnt feel like I was wasting my time. I just want to get on with whatever it is and then I can make better decisions. I don't want much, just a little guidance. Tell me whether I am Carolina dependent or will be off to the wild blue yonder. Am I going spend my life with someone I've aleady met or someone I am to meet soon, or yet, am I to spend it alone?



For now, I would prefer to stay here, I like the weather and the people seem really friend. its small enough to have a local flavor to it,b ut yet its big enough to have target, some movie theaters, restaurants. etc.

2 comments:

Dee2 said...

I suspect knowing too much of the future would overwhelm us far more than we can imagine. For now, focus on God. Matthew 6:33, 34 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

Feebs said...

I don't need to know specifics, I just want to know generalizations. The way I am feeling these days is to go back to Ogdensburg while I still have my mom and dad. If I am going to be alone for the rest of my life, it won't matter.