Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Do you remember me??

I sat here earlier looking for a certain book and ended up coming across a yearbook from my high school years. It was 1973, the year my sister Amber graduated. I was a seventh grader myself. Going back through the pages gives me a sense of familiarity, of belonging. The pictures are funny to look at: the hairstyles and clothing, seeing some of the cars, etc. Almost 40 years ago now. Then I started reading some of the quotes. "To a real great fuzzy haired bug. Hope to see ya in the future yrs. Lots of love and luck, your pal. Laurie Tulip, '73 sci room, ". It just made me smile reading it. I wonder if Laurie Tulip even remembers me or if she would know who I am if she saw me. I still have that same fuzzy hair, but I don't think I resemble myself in any way. Then there's the note from Kathy Trivilino )(the name I remember her by) When you get married and have twins don't come to me for safety pins. Kathy Kelley-Good luck in the future (bubbles). "bubbles???" I don't have a clue what that reference is to. From Sue Bradley "to a good kid lots of luck in the future. (toe). "Toe?"" I will have to email her and ask if she remembers. So looking back gave me an idea, I wonder how many of these people I remember, or what my memories of them are. I'm going to look for my senior yearbook and then start going through it and I want to go over the names one, by one and see just how many people I actually remember and if there is a specific memory I do have. when I find the yearbook, I'll start writing :)

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

I never got my senior yearbook even though I paid for it. :( Wish I could go back for one.