Monday, October 5, 2009

ten months later.............. :)

I didn't intend on abandoning my blog. Sometimes life just gets too busy. So I made a promise to myself, I will try to get back in the habit of writing daily.

The last time I posted, I was living in Orlando, Florida in my own home, with three teenagers, and two dogs. I am now living in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, with one teenager, two dogs and a cat. Amazing how much can change in such a short amount of time.

It seems as though my string of bad luck has continued, but I am trying to keep the words of Robert Kennedy in mind as I go through this life. "Good luck is something you make, and bad luck is something you endure."

I got here to NC a couple months ago, and right around my second week, I asked for permission to leave a little early so I could go to my son's football game. I got about two blocks from the parking garage and was following a careless teenage girl who was driving some mammoth vehicle. She was flying down the street and I could see she was on her cell phone, just talking away. I tried to stay 3-4 car lengths behind her, keeping a close eye, as it was rush hour traffic in Durham. Suddenly I noticed that she was not paying attention and was going to smash into the car in front of her. I honked my horn and slammed on my brakes. She hit the other car as soon as I honked my horn and I skidded into her bumper. My car came to a complete halt once it hit her bumper, barely scratching the rubber on her car, but mangling my front end of my Tucson, arghhhhhhh. I got out to make sure every one was okay. The girl in front was a young girl, who seemed okay, thankfully, as her car was sent flying. The teenager with the phone addiction didn't put down her cell phone to check on anyone and seemed to ignore what happened. We were lucky no one was injured as there were a bunch of people walking right there who had just stepped off the bus.

I call my insurance company, which is still in Florida, and after a small run around, get my car towed and get a ride home. The next day, the rental car agency delivers a car to me at my rental house. I get in the car with my son and my niece, and driving less than a mile away, a rock pops up and cracks the windshield of the rental car. Double arghhhhhhhhhhh!! I have to trade out the rental car for a new car. I have that car a couple days and that windshield gets a crack in it from a rock. I think get a van to take to orlando to try and pack up my stuff to return to NC.

Everything in Orlando went fairly well (another long story) and I returned to Chapel Hill. I turn in the van and pick up my car, after it being in the repair shop for almost a month. Driving home from the repair shop, a rock is pitched from the truck driving in front of me and sure enough, I now have a crack in my windshield. Thats sort of how my life has been. I can be driving a long, and someone throws a rock at me, slows me down. I get up and start fixing things and start picking up the pieces. While I am still there picking up the pieces, someone else throws a rock. before to long, I am being burdened down picking rocks up off from being tossed in different directions. I say it is now someone elses turn.

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

I hope you get a break from digging up the rocks. Have you found a church? Don't let yourself forget how soothing it can be to your soul in these most wearisome moments. Praying for you.