Thursday, October 15, 2009

Two Dogs and a Cat


I found this picture of my pets on the computer. I wondered what they did when I am not around. When I get home, they are waiting by the door, pretending to have sat there all day just waiting for my arrival. Obviously, from the picture, that's a fallacy.


Brownie (the third) is black and white and a little overweight. Okay, more than a little overweight. But in his defense, he can't just go outside and run around the yard since there isn't any fence. And he can't turn away food, because there are dogs starving in Africa. He's actually my best friend and the most devoted friend I have. When I am home, he never leaves my side (unless someone else in the house has food, and then he has to guard the food, to make sure nothing gets thrown away; its his job). He's sitting here staring at me now because there is a plate with pie on it just sitting there, tormenting him. He has scared me half to death a few times in the middle of the night when I hear loud banging noises in the other room, only to find out he tried to climb on top of the table or counters to sneak food.


Lobo (the third) is my dark brown and super intelligent border collie. He is a proud graduate of the pet training program at petsmart, only he was then banned, because he had a silly little episode of trying to bite a small toddler. He really wasn't trying to be vicious and rip the kids arms off, I am sure he was just playing. He's like that. He can learn anything without treats, he just likes to please and will do anything to be petted. At nighttime, I can just say "it's time for bed" and he runs upstairs to climb into bed with Tracy. Sometimes he acts walks with his shoulders hanging down, acting like the teenager he rooms with, but he goes up the stairs. Occasionally in the middle of the night, I will hear a little tip toeing going on and will notice him wrapped in a ball on some pillows on my bedroom floor. He is a barker in the car, the one thing I haven't been able to get him to stop. If I take them for a ride and go in a store, when I come out, he has been barking the whole time, his tongue hanging out. The only thing he appears to be afraid of is one tiny little cat, name Mocha.


Mocha, otherwise known as Jamocha Frappuchino Roe Boufeaux, came to live with us last year after it was discovered that my granddaughter was allergic to cats. She was my daughter's cat and a very spoiled cat. She is tiny for a cat. I am used to big fat country cats. But she is a tiny little thing, but has a great big voice. She talks all the time, and insists on being petted and having attention. One of her favorite things to do is wait until I am running late for work in the morning and just as I go out the door, she sneaks past me and races for the trees. She loves to have me worry all day whether she is dead or alive. Around 11 pm she will come screaming at the door to let her in. Another of her favorite games is to torment my dog Lobo. She loves Brownie and will kiss him and lay on him and play with him, but for some reason, she likes to make Lobo cry. She will purposely lay across the doorway of a room I am in just to make sure he won't pass by. He won't even look at her. I've tried to explain to him that he is more than 20 pounds heavier, is three feet taller and has more teeth, but he won't listen. Apparently he's smart enough to know that her little claws can tear his eyes out if she wanted to.
I don't know what I would do without the three of them. I know my dogs love me unconditionally. I am pretty sure Mocha is willing to tolerate me and share the house on an equal basis. I fear that when I am older and the kids are all gone, I am going to end up being the cat/dog lady. You know every neighborhood has one, the old person who just collects pets. the person that strangers drop off litters of cats in front of their house, knowing they will take them in. The kind that picks up stray dogs and lets them come in "just for the night".
Okay Brownie and Bo, it's time for bed. Mocha, let me show you something out in the garage :) g'night

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

Miss my kitty. What a naughty thing tormenting Lobo! He needs to stand up for himself. Heehee. If you do become the pet lady it's because your family loves animals so much.

Feebs said...

I know all of us have at least two pets. I think Judy has two dogs, I have the two dogs and a cat, tisha has a dog and what, four cats? amber has all those cats, which each of them is the size of a dog :)

My dad still has his down and at least two cats, not counting the ones who sleep on his porch